How much does it cost?
The cost of the trek is $2,895 plus flights, approx. $1,200 return from Sydney.
What does the cost include?
The price includes:
- 10 Day fully escorted tour
- Airport pick up and overnight accommodation in Kununurra
- Helicopter charter to trek start point, including scenic tour over ranges
- Kimberley experienced leader
- All food whilst on trek (supplemented with freshly caught fish)
- Boat pick up and transfer to island and Canoe start point
- Canoe (Canadian canoe) hire and associated equipment
- Qualified and experienced canoeing instructor(s)
- Mosquito dome
The price does not include:
- International and Australian domestic flights
- Passport & Visa costs
- Travel insurance
- All items of a personal nature, including trekking equipment
- Meals other than those specified on itinerary
- Any other expenses which are not mentioned on ‘Price Includes’ section.
How do I pay?
Once you have registered your details online, the trekking company will contact you for a $750 deposit to confirm your registration. This is paid directly to the trekking company. The outstanding balance is due 6 weeks prior to the trek.
Who will book my flights?
Everyone will be responsible for booking their own flights. If you are travelling from Newcastle, an email will be sent out with the flight number that needs to be book so we are all on the same flight. If you are travelling from somewhere else, we will also be in contact to let you know which flight to book.
How much do I need to fundraise?
Each participant has a minimum fundraising target of $4,000. We will provide you with a number of tools to help you reach this target and we will be there along the way to support your fundraising efforts.
Do I need to purchase travel insurance?
Travel insurance is mandatory to participate and will cost approximately $130. Participants will need to organise this through their own provider.
What level of fitness do I need to participate?
Your trek experience is directly related to your level of fitness! It is very important to prepare yourself for the challenge ahead as it requires a high level of bushwalking fitness as well as upper body strength and endurance for paddling.
Please note that on this trek you will need to carry your own pack which will be approximately 15kg so ensure to train with a pack. You cannot train on too many hills. The more training you do now, the more successful and enjoyable your trek will be.