Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully before registering for Camp Quality’s esCarpade.
I understand that by registering for Camp Quality’s esCarpade (The Event), I accept and agree to the Events’ Terms and Conditions and Event Rules.
1.1 I understand that any changes to the Terms & Conditions are at the discretion of the Camp Quality and can occur at any time.
1.2 If changes to the Terms & Conditions are made, registered individuals will be notified by Camp Quality and an updated version of the Terms & Conditions will be made available on the Camp Quality esCarpade website.
1.3 I acknowledge that the Event is a potentially hazardous undertaking and has inherent dangers and risks, including injury or death. By registering for the event, I acknowledge and accept those risks.
1.4 I confirm that I will be 18 years or older and 75 years or younger on the day of the event in order to participate. I understand that individuals who are younger than 18 years of age on the day of the Event are excluded from participation in the Event.
1.5 I confirm I do not have any medical condition which would prohibit me from safely participating in the event.
1.6 I agree to disclose in advance to Camp Quality all medical information which may be relevant for Event First Aiders in providing effective treatment to me during the event. If I fail to do so I accept that this could hinder any medical response provided to me.
1.7 Information including medical information will only be provided to First Aid responders and Emergency Services for the purpose of efficiently responding to a First Aid incident.
1.8 Camp Quality will ensure that all medical information will be safely and securely stored and following completion of the Event, securely destroyed.
1.9 Camp Quality may vary the advertised route prior or during the Event at the discretion of Camp Quality or at the direction of emergency services, stakeholders and landowners.
1.10 I acknowledge that Camp Quality may implement measures to protect any participants or attendees of the Event, including Camp Quality employees, volunteers and third party contractors, including measures against COVID-19, and that I must comply with all directions given by Camp Quality for the duration of the Event.
1.11 I accept that I must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in accordance with the recommendations of the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) and will provide to Camp Quality evidence of my Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate prior to the Event.
1.12 I acknowledge that any measures put in place by Camp Quality do not provide any guarantee against exposure to COVID-19 and that I am ultimately responsible for my own health and well-being.
1.13 I agree to follow all Covid-19 safety protocols and adhere to Covid-19 related, government-imposed restrictions and regulations at the time of the Event.
2. Registration and Fees
2.1 Registration for the Event closes on 1st September 2023.
2.2 I acknowledge that my entry fee of AUD $635 is non-refundable, unless the Event is cancelled by Camp Quality. A $200 deposit is required at the time of registration. The final balance of $435 is to be paid 8 weeks prior to event commencement via the Fundraiser Dashboard.
2.3 Registrations are transferable to another person for the same Event; however a $30 administration fee will be payable.
2.4 I acknowledge that late registrations are generally not accepted. However, late registrations may be accepted at the discretion of the Camp Quality and may incur a late-registration-fee.
2.5 The minimum number of people per car is two, 1x driver and 1x navigator. The maximum number of people in one car is four, 1x driver and 3x co-drivers.
3. Fundraising and Fundraising Minimum
3.1 I commit to raising a minimum fundraising amount of AUD $5000 per car (“Minimum Commitment”) by the day of the Event.
3.2 I acknowledge that myself and my team may be disqualified from participating in the Event if we have not raised the Minimum Commitment.
3.3 I acknowledge that I have the option of making a self-donation to my fundraising page on the day of the Event to ensure that I meet the Minimum Commitment to participate in the Event.
4. Event Accommodation
4.1 Camp Quality will produce an accommodation guide prior to the event. This will provide the details of the recommended option in each of these towns and details on how to book.
5. Drivers’ License Requirements
5.1 All drivers are required to have a full and current driver’s or riders' license, as applicable, to participate in the Event.
5.2 Drivers on Green P Plates are permitted to take part in the event.
5.3 Drivers on Red P Plates are not permitted to take part in the event.
6. Vehicle Requirements and Safety Equipment
6.1 Your vehicle must comply with the requirements laid out in the Event Rules.
6.2 Your vehicle must be fitted with all safety equipment prescribed in the Event Rules.
6.3 Participants who do not meet these requirements will be disqualified from the Event.
7.1 All Event vehicles must be covered by Compulsory Third Party Insurance (CTP) and Third Party Property Damage.
7.2 Evidence of the policy, which must be current, must be presented to Camp Quality prior to participating in any of the above activities.
8. Photo and video consent, images and media
8.1 I consent to Camp Quality using information obtained and/or photographic images and video taken (the Content), to promote Camp Quality’s charitable purposes, it’s programs, events and fundraising including, but not limited to, social media platforms, publications, campaigns, promotional videos, websites and other related methods of promotion in both electronic and printed formats.
8.2 I acknowledge that I can revoke this consent at any time by contacting Camp Quality.
9. Event Cancellation
9.1 I acknowledge that the Event operates in the outdoors, in all weather conditions, during daylight hours and during the night and uses road networks which may be located in remote areas, National Parks and bushland as well as in suburban areas. Consequently, there are many risks factors that Camp Quality needs to take into account when deciding to proceed with or cancel the Event.
9.2 Camp Quality reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to cancel the Event, or make any modifications to the route or other details of the event as it considers necessary in the circumstances. Camp Quality will notify all participants of the cancellation or modification of the Event as soon as practicable.
9.3 I acknowledge that if the Event is cancelled due to government-imposed Covid-19 restrictions Camp Quality will refund a participant’s registration fees in full.
9.4 I acknowledge that if the Event is cancelled because Camp Quality determines, in its absolute discretion, that the Event cannot be held in a COVID-19 safe way, or due to extreme weather risks, bush fire risk, or due to restrictions imposed upon it by land holders, stakeholders, or the inability of key suppliers to support the event or any such similar circumstance, Camp Quality will refund 50% of the registration fee.
9.5 Where Camp Quality has already outlaid costs such as event merchandise, venue, catering and accommodation bookings which are non-refundable to Camp Quality, these costs cannot be refunded to an Event entrant. Any merchandise purchased will be provided to event entrant.
9.6 In case of Event cancellation, for any reason, I acknowledge that all funds I have already raised for Camp Quality up to the date of Event cancellation are non-refundable and may be used by Camp Quality for its charitable purposes.
9.7 If the Event is postponed to an alternative date within a reasonable timeframe, a fundraiser’s registration fee and funds raised will automatically be transferred to the alternative date. If that date is not suitable, a participant may apply for a refund of registration fees.
10. Disqualification and Exclusion
10.1 Camp Quality reserves the right to disqualify or exclude the Participant from further participation in the Event if:
- the Participant breaches the Terms & Conditions outlined in this document.
- does not meet CQ’s expectations of Participant Etiquette
- has not paid the registration fee in full or reached the fundraising minimum prior to the Event.
- is unable to finish or is unlikely to finish the Event (in the opinion of Camp Quality) within the Event operational timings.
10.2 I understand that breaching these Terms & Conditions may result in my immediate disqualification from the Event by Camp Quality and that this will exclude me from further participation in the Event. In such case, I confirm that Camp Quality will not be held responsible for any financial loss or damage I may suffer as a result of my disqualification and exclusion from the event.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State or States where the Event is being held.
Event Rules Before the Event
- All participants must ensure that they have met the fundraising minimum per car in accordance with section 3 of Terms and Conditions.
- All participants must ensure that their car complies with all car requirements and is equipped with all safety equipment in accordance with section 7 of the Terms and Conditions. Requirements are detailed below.
- ALL entrants are required to attend the driver briefing, as notified by Camp Quality prior to Day 1 of the Event.
- Camp Quality will provide the vehicle requirements on its website as part of the registration process for entrants. Please ensure that you have read and understood these requirements before registering.
- Camp Quality will provide the safety requirements and pack checklist on its website as part of the registration process for entrants. Please ensure that you have read and understood these requirements before registering.
During the Event
Drugs and Alcohol
- The Event is a drug and alcohol-free event for all participants, during the Event, as well as the general public visiting Event Venues enroute.
- I agree that I will not participate in the Event under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs and will refrain from smoking, including e-cigarettes and the like at official Event venues, which include the Start, Fun Stops, the Finish, and the Event route.
- The responsible consumption of alcohol is encouraged once the Event is completed, or during any evening gatherings organised as part of the Event. Camp Quality reserves the right to conduct a breath test of all drivers.
- Drinking is not permitted in public areas such as parks, ovals and sporting grounds, unless it is in relation to an official social event and approved by management.
- Under no circumstances should an entrant or official consume alcohol prior to entering school premises.
- Under no circumstances should an entrant or official consume alcohol enroute or while travelling in an Event vehicle.
- All passengers must refrain from smoking, including e-cigarettes while in any Event vehicle, at official Event venues, which include the Start, Fun Stops, the Finish, and on any part of the Event route.
- The minimum number of people per car is two, 1x driver and 1x navigator. The maximum number of people in one car is four, 1 x driver and 3 x co-drivers.
- Entrants will be provided with 2 x the Event Logo Door Panel Stickers, which must be displayed on the vehicle.
- This is to uniform and identify all cars connected to the Event These panels will be provided to all registered entrants within their welcome pack.
Firearms, Fireworks and Flares
- Participants are prohibited from carrying firearms on the Event.
- Fireworks are a hazard to the environment and human safety and are banned from the Event.
- Licensed fireworks display organised or approved by Camp Quality are the only exception. Flares are for emergency use only.
- The promoter of the Event is Camp Quality. Management of the Road component is by Mildren Events for and on behalf of Camp Quality. In the interest of safety, insurance and event management the request and directions of all people will be designated by Camp Quality. Please adhere to all rules and regulations and the officials implementing them
Personal Protection Equipment
- It is mandatory for all participants to wear a high visibility safety vest during any emergency or unscheduled stop while enroute.
- Safety vests play an important role in keeping us safe on the Event. Promoting visibility, a safety vest can help minimize traffic hazards and reduce accidents.
- By wearing a safety vest when exiting your vehicle on the route, drivers can identify a dangerous area and slow their vehicles down so they can travel through an incident, breakdown and around pedestrians in a safe manner.
- The Event. is neither a speed event nor a race, it’s a chance to drive through different parts of Australia in support of kids facing cancer.
- The Event is not exempt from state legislated road and traffic rules and infringements of speed limits and blood alcohol limits can be prosecuted by the Police.
- Participants who, by breaking the law or behaving in a dangerous manner, bring discredit to the Event. and may be required by Camp Quality to withdraw from the Event and may not be invited to participate in future Camp Quality events.