Frequently Asked Questions

What are the vehicle requirements?

All trucks and motorbikes joining the ride must be able to safely maintain highway speeds, be registered and insured. 

What does it cost?

There is a non-refundable registration fee per person of $50 for trucks or $25 for motorbikes which must be paid when registering for the event. upon registration we will organise the following for you (with thanks to our partner Viva Energy) and your registration will go towards our fundraising goal: 

For Trucks

  • 1 x branded t-shirt with sponsor logos (additional shirts can be purchased)
  • 1 x branded cap (additional caps can be purchased)
  • 2 x entry ticket to Convoy’s lead truck auction night (additional tickets can be purchased)
  • Full logistical support in the lead up to and on the day of Convoy

For Motorbikes

  • 2 x entry ticket to Convoy’s lead truck auction night (additional tickets can be purchased)
  • Full logistical support in the lead up to and on the day of Convoy

How do I fundraise?

The Camp Quality fundraising team is here to support you through all your fundraising efforts. We can provide you with loads of information on how to maximize your online fundraising page, as this is such an easy and efficient way to smash your target. We also have a heap of hints, tips and ideas within our fundraising tool kit and we will let you know once these are available for download in your fundraising portal. If you need any other help please don’t hesitate to get in contact with us at  

What are the safety requirements?

Our number one priority is safety. Speed limits must be adhered to in all instances. Concentration and vigilance on the road is paramount as individual safety is group safety.

All motor bike riders will be required to wear appropriate safety gear as per below:

  • Australian compliant helmet
  • Leather Motorcycle Jacket or equivalent
  • Leather motorcycle pants or jeans with Kevlar preferred, or equivalent
  • Leather Gloves
  • Motorcycle boots

Are we covered under Camp Quality’s Public Liability Insurance?

No. You need your own Compulsory Third Party Insurance. As part of our Risk Assessment and Safety Requirements for Convoy Geelong in addition to Compulsory Third Party Insurance (CTP), all trucks and motorbikes participating in the 2019 Geelong Convoy must be covered by either Third Party Property Damage OR Comprehensive Vehicle Insurance.  The insurance policy must be valid for any vehicle to be able to participate in ANY Camp Quality organised events.

Are there events in the lead up to Convoy?

As part of of the lead up to Convoy Geelong we have fudnraising and auction evening. On this evening, amongst the many prizes available we auction off the lead truck who will receive the lead truck banner and will be the first truck leading the Convoy from Viva Energy's refinery to Avalon Airport. Each registered truck and motorbike will receive 2 tickets to the event, and other tickets will be available at an additional cost. 

At the end of the Convoy we also are organising a Show & Shine for both the Truck and Motorbike registrants, and a fun-filled day to encourage community involvement.