It might feel tricky asking for donations. So, here are our top tips!
Show you're committed! Nothing shows commitment to the cause and challenge like donating to yourself. It's also a great way to lead by example - plus, people who donate to themselves raise twice as much as people who don't.
MAKE IT PERSONAL
People will donate because YOU are asking them to. Simple as that. Why not:
- Write why you're supporting Camp Quality on your online fundraising page.
- Add an email signature to your personal email account to share your page with your friends, family and personal contacts.
- Upload a photo of yourself onto your online fundraising page.
SPREAD THE WORD
Log in to your fundraising account, go to 'My Fundraising', then 'Get Support'.
Select one of our email templates and send to your own email address where you can personalise, before forwarding to your contacts.
Remember - if you don’t ask, people won't know.
Share a link to your online fundraising page on all your social accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & LinkedIn). You can also ask your friends to share your online fundraising page on their Facebook. Did you know people who use social media raise on average twice as much as other fundraisers!
NOMINATE 10 FOR 10
Nominate 10 of your friends to donate $10. That's $100!
DONATE YOUR COFFEE
Ask your friends or family to give up coffee for a week and donate what they would have spent on coffee to your fundraising page.
Even if you've asked before, people get busy and simply forget. You're doing something great for yourself, and for others, so don't hesitate to follow up people, and remind them to make a donation.
An easy way to remind people is by posting updates throughout the month. Let friends and family know that their donation will not only motivate you to walk, but it's going to a great cause; helping kids facing cancer.
- Anonymous just donated $21.60
- Shell just donated $37.80
- Mel Lukoschek just donated $21.60
- Larry Simpson just donated $108.00
- Tracy Snook just donated $54.00
- Eilish Pocock just donated $59.40
- Esmee Rotmans just donated $16.20
- Chris just donated $21.60
- Sean Gordon just donated $59.40
- Shona Seaton just donated $77.76
- Gloria Carroll just donated $108.00
- Chook just donated $21.60
- Andrew Seng just donated $35.00
- Marie Storey just donated $21.60
- Isaac just donated $55.00
- Candice McGlashan just donated $21.60
- Anonymous just donated $303.00
- Eloise Roberts just donated $21.60
- Steven Sharne just donated $64.80
- Anonymous just donated $91.80